The Son Penyaflor Agrotourism House is the perfect place to relax and be inspired. Full of positive energy from nature. You will see respect for history and the environment everywhere you look, as well as our complete devotion to everything Son Penyaflor represents.
WHERE EACH TRAVELLER BUILDS THEIR OWN EXPERIENCE
We offer a carefully crafted base on which each traveller can build their own experience.
Perfect for those seeking to unwind from the city and enjoy the peace and quiet while surrounded by nature and fresh air. Excellent for finding inspiration, reading, writing or dedicating oneself to painting or sport, excursions, hiking, cyclotourism, etc.
At Son Penyaflor, each traveller can set their own schedules and routines, as well as make use of all the facilities in the house, kitchen and gardens however they like.
A meticulous selection of Mallorcan wines and cava can be enjoyed.
WHAT TO DO WITH A LITTLE SOMETHING SPECIAL
- Relax and contemplate the natural surroundings.
- Under the sun on the historic solarium.
- Go walking to Alaró, beneath the moon and starlight.
- Company and wellness retreats.
- BBQ in summer and winter.
- Swimming pool and barbecue.
- Excursion to the Castillo de Alaró (Puig d’Alaró, 822 m.). Old ruins of the castle and wonderful views. Shrine to the Virgin of Alaró, protector against drought. Bar.
- Great walking trail GR221.
- Enjoy the local markets. On Saturdays in Alaró: local market from 08:00 to 13:00. On Wednesdays in Sineu: the oldest market in Europe. On Sundays in Pollensa: lovely market in the church square.
- Historic tour around the Son Penyaflor Agrotourism House. By following the QR trail, you can enjoy an evocative tour around the Agrotourism House to explore several historic, family-related and cultural aspects of what life at Son Penyaflor was like in the past and how it has evolved over the years.
- Principia Collection. This is where the ethnography and culture of Son Penyaflor become the stars of a tale that explores the philosophy, traditions and customs of this House. All the rooms in the Agrotourism House have one or more details of ethnographic interest related to the estate or the surrounding area.
- Vineyard terrace. An area for use by our guests with a mini forest and small Chardonnay vineyard. A private area designed for the contemplation of nature, engaging in the practice of meditation, reading, yoga sessions and other wellness therapies.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Satellite TV
- General library
- Masterpieces library
- Board games
- Hair dryer
- Washing machine and iron
- Coffee and tea station
- Main kitchen
- Mini garden of aromatic and medicinal plants
- BBQ equipped with firewood from the estate
- Historic solarium
- Swimming pool
- Pool towels
- Selection of wines and cava
- Son Penyaflor rural jewellery collection
- Various items bearing the House seal for sale
- Historic tour of the Son Penyaflor Agrotourism House
- Principia Collection. Son Penyaflor ethnography and culture display
- Private terrace next to the vineyard for contemplating nature, practising yoga, meditation, etc.
- Common rooms
- ‘Es Club’ reading room
- ‘Es Country’ rustic living room with fireplace
- S’Aljub historic room
- Car park and leisure area with tables and a small ‘photocall’ sculpture
The local towns have successfully maintained a traditional look and feel. They are picturesque locations that invite visitors to explore their streets and squares. The lively atmosphere is home to some recognised local gastronomy, numerous shopping opportunities, museums and markets.
Market times: 08:00 to 13:00. Saturdays: Alaró and Bunyola. Sundays: Sta. Maria and Pollensa. Wednesdays: Sineu (the oldest market in Europe). Thursdays: Inca.
The wine trails offer a great way to discover the local charm in this part of the island. The vineyards in this area, the wineries and their shops can all be visited.
Hikers can explore the GR221 trails to discover the most authentic side of Mallorca. Anyone who likes travelling their own way will find the perfect plan at the Son Penyaflor Agrotourism House and surrounding area.
Hiking from Son Penyaflor: Castillo de Alaró: 2 hours. Tossals Verds: 3 hours. Son Penyaflor to Alaró: 5 minutes by car. 15-20 minutes walking.
Bus-Train station: Calle Joan Alcover (Alaró). www.tib.org
Taxi Alaró (24H): (+34) 628 188 820 – (+34) 696 467 318. Bookings are taken for Son Penyaflor – Airport transfers.